What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Το Ροκεντρόλι Της Ημέρας

Epitaph

Death Knight

2 ακυκλοφόρητα κομμάτια από Screaming Trees. Αν διαβάσετε την ιστορία πίσω απ αυτά θα συγκινηθείτε.

I think Mark would have wanted people to this this and hear these songs...
https://youtu.be/9oQipIDWsjw
Mark Lanegan & Gary Lee Conner’s last conversation…
Twitter September 5, 2020
Mark Lanegan
Hi Lee. I have moved to Europe, The States feels like a dark and dangerous place and I'm not comfortable there any longer. I have done alot of soul searching and self reflection since the book was released and I feel I owe you a deep apology. I do not expect you to forgive me but I want you to know that I strongly regret the way i portrayed you in it, its to my great shame, and you did not deserve it. We were just kids from a rural town and what we accomplished was a veritable miracle given where we were from. Had it not been for you, none of that would have happened,and despite our juvenile jealousies, individual problems, my addictions, and our likely placements on the autism spectrum, we achieved things those who played the Ranch could only have dreamed of. As I cleaned out my house before coming to Ireland, I came across some hardrives with Trees demos and was blown away by some of the tunes. A song called Hearts and Diamonds hit me in an emotiional place and another called Piano Song actually made me cry. I am scheduled to make a record in London in January and I would like to extend my sincere sorrow for causing you, Janet, and all of your loved ones any pain. I'm just going to throw this out there, but if you are willing, I would like to perhaps record the two songs mentioned for inclusion on my next record, and thereby somehow mend what I've done wrong and show the world that you and I had real power and were a talented team despite my obvious problems
Gary Lee Conner
You’re lucky to get out of the US as you say it is very fucked up here. Janet and I are both doing quite well. She is teaching online and we have not left the house because of the Pandemic since March. I’m finishing up a new album to get out in a few weeks. I still love writing and recording songs but just do it for fun and art like in the beginning. I found a small label in Italy that does vinyl for me and what I am doing now is very artistically satisfying for me but with no pressure from anyone but myself. Both those songs are great and it would be cool for you to record them. Forget about the stuff in the book. I never read more than a couple pages and just heard other stuff second hand on Facebook and I don’t pay much attention to it anymore now that it’s out there and people have read it. So go ahead and do the songs, I never got to make it to Ireland but it sound like an interesting place to live. Let me know if you need help figuring out the songs, I don’t think they are too hard. Lee
Mark Lanegan
That makes me very happy, thank you. I would be most happy if you sang the harmony on the piano song with me and played the absolutely bitching guitar outro on it as well. No one can else do it like you Lee and it would show the world that despite my juvenile bullhit, you and I were and are a special partnership. If you have protools at home or logic or reason, you could do it remotely. give it some thought. and thank you for being such a gentleman.
RIP Mark...

Last edited:

Adhan

Horror addict
Staff member
Μνημειώδες, όπως και τα προηγούμενα τους βέβαια

"doom metal" - πιο stretched ταμπέλα πεθαίνεις (είδες τι έκανα εκεί)

Hellion

Αρχιμανδρίτης
Staff member
DDD PCMaster Veteran Order of Alucard Klika Member

Tony Corvus

Ancient Red Dragon
Φασαίος Larianός Τσοβόλα δώστα όλα Sign me up! Approval of the Admiral
Top Bottom