Πάμε πολύ καλά!
By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.SignUp Now!
Hey there folks,
We're back at it with a new Community Contest - Design a Magic Armor! It wouldn't be fair if we only gave a chance for weapons to shine now, would it? So get your creative juice pumping and your fingers cracking, you have another chance to get your design in-game!
Note: The rewards for the previous contest have been sent! If you can't find your Weaponsmith Trophy in your Profile, please don't hesitate to create a thread on the forum or contact me on Discord.
Hello there everyone,
What. A. Contest! The quality of your submissions were incredible, even more than last month. We've had a really tough time trimming our selections down to five finalists, as each of us had our favorites... and unlike in the weapon contest, not a lot of overlap! Some of you had fantastic and original ideas that would totally fit Solasta, and trust me when I say that we've had to discard a lot of great submissions. So don't feel bad if you don't see your name in there! By the way you can always ping me on Discord if you're curious about what the team thought about your armor in particular^^
Here is a reminder of our most important criteria:
Now without further ado, here the list of the selected armors (and a shield!) for this second round (in no particular order):
- Design needs to avoid being overly complex. No sentient, morphing or world ending armors please.
- Design needs to be SRD 5.1. Please be aware that not everything from the Player Handbook is free to use - Feats and most Archetypes are not valid (Battle Maneuvers are not SRD for instance). Also, none of the material from other books such as (but not limited to) XGtE or SCAG are SRD.
- Content needs to be planned for Solasta. For instance, any design with Warlock spells won't be selected.
- Design needs to be balanced for a lvl 1 - 10 adventure. Avoid overpowered armors - and even items for level 10 characters are not encouraged since they will be at the end of the game already.
Note that we have already applied a first balance pass, so they may differ slightly from the original submission. The lore may also be reworked later by our writers.
- Archer's Nightmare, by Jason Broome
- Armor of Shadows, by Greg W Pola
- Scales of the Remorhaz, by Lathaon
- Cloak of Lightning, by Resy
- Brightwall, by Nortar
- Voting ends on Monday, May 4th, 11:59pm PST
- Anyone with a Forum Account may participate in the voting. Limit of one vote per person.
- The winner will have his Magic Armor implemented in-game and be credited as its Designer in the Credits
- All of those who wrote a submission will also receive a Forum Trophy for their participation to the contest
- Necessary disclaimer: We reserve the right to alter submissions or work with their author to fit our design and specifications. You can read the full legal document here (roll Investigation DC15).
1) Our first contender is the Khopesh (ḫpš). A one-handed Egyptian sickle-sword which apparently evolved from battle axes, the Khopesh is truly an ancient weapon - with the earliest known appearance dating from 2,500 BC. Sharpened on the outside portion of the curved end, the inside curve of the weapon could be used to trap an opponent's arm or pull their shield out of the way. Sadly, this fascinating weapon fell out of use around 1,300 BC.Hello and welcome to May Community Vote everyone!
This time we have prepared a very special topic for our martial-loving friends: Exotic Weapons... And more specifically, Exotic Blades. Most of those who are familiar with Tabletop RPGs know that popular settings are often based on western culture - fairly logical considering most writers and players are American & European. I think it's safe to assume that it's much easier to introduce most players to a game where they can choose between a sword or a mace and run at the enemy, rather than have to explain the difference between a shamshir and a takoba (don't ask me, I'm not a specialist).
Now, 5e has streamlined quite a few rules to the benefit of game's flow, removing a lot of obscure and very specific rules. However, there are some of us who miss the large variety of weapons offered in 3.5... which led us to think "hey, why not add an exotic weapon to our game?". And here we are, with a selection of five blades from different cultures! Of course we'd love to implement all of them, but as usual we have to be careful not to overburden our development plans - so you'll have to choose which one makes it in! Note that I am by no mean an expert in ancient weaponry, so I apologize in advance if some of my descriptions aren't completely accurate (and if so, please feel free to mention it in the comments so that I can fix it!).
For our returning players, the Ruins of Telema v2.0 has been updated with the latest character models, facial animations, spell effects and even has a couple new features such as being able to use 'Ready Action' in combat, or lighting oil puddles from afar with Firebolt! Give it a try again, you won't regret it.The Ruins of Telema module is also back! A short 1h30 adventure featuring a pre-made party of 4 level 3 adventurers with no risk of spoiling the main campaign since it's a stand-alone module - so don't hesitate to play it! Unfortunately you won't be able to take your newly created characters into Telema since this module only supports the existing pre-made party, but the final game will of course allow you to do so.
Talk with the Devs (Chill Stream)
Come have a chat with us on stream! Mathieu "Tactical Archimat" (Creative Director), Xavier "Zaz" (Gameplay Director) and myself Emile "Myzzrym" (Community Lead) will be streaming the Demo at the start of the Steam Summer Festival. We'll be discussing Solasta and answering questions taken from our chat for approximately two hours, so make sure you're following us on Twitch. If you don't have an account there, worry not - we'll also be streaming directly on Steam, on our store page!
Ask Us Anything on Discord!
For those who can't make it to the stream on Tuesday, we'll also be taking questions in a special channel on our Discord Server on Friday during the entire morning (US) / afternoon (EU). Anyone can ask questions! We'll be gathering all of them and answering them in a separate channel for visibility, then make a recap on our Forums!
Όχι, αλλά αν θέλεις μπορώ να σου πω τι κάνω.Bathory έλα πες, έχεις όλο το Buffy σε gif μορφή, έτσι;